The history of the VAG-Group in detail
- Carl Reuther together with Carl Bopp found a special company to manufacture pumps and heavy duty valves.
- Bopp & Reuther delivers sixty per cent of the global demand for gate valves. The plant in Mannheim-Waldhof (Germany) produces valves for entire cities.
- Together with another six well-known valve manufacturing companies, Bopp & Reuther found a sales organisation, ‘Vereinigte Armaturen Gesellschaft mbH’, VAG.
- Export activities increase very rapidly. VAG becomes the market leader in South America and has many foreign agencies around the world.
- At the Mannheim location, the first annular slide valve is designed, the predecessor of today’s plunger valve.
- Production is running at full speed in the rebuilt workshops.
- The resilient seated gate valve, ‘BETA’, is introduced to the market. This gate valve is still synonymous with resilient gate valves in the supply of water.
- The double-excentrical butterfly valve programme (EKN) is in development. The technical and cost benefits of this new generation of butterfly valve revolutionise the use of valves in the water industry.
- Bopp & Reuther is integrated with the IWKA Group.
- Bopp & Reuther acquires a majority share in one of the biggest valve manufacturers in the Czech Republic, ‘JMA’ (Hodonin).
- VAG becomes the sole sales organisation for the water division of Bopp & Reuther (at that time Bopp & Reuther Armaturen GmbH).
- Bopp & Reuther Armaturen GmbH and Vereinigte Armaturen Gesellschaft mbH merge into VAG-Armaturen GmbH. JMA becomes a subsidiary of this company.
- Foundation of VAG-Valves Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Foundation of VAG Water Systems Co., Ltd (China) and opening of a new production plant for the Asian market in Taicang.
- Equita Beteiligungen Fonds 2 KG acquires ninety per cent of the shares of the VAG-Group from the IWKA Group. The VAG management takes over ten per cent of the shares.
- Opening of the first VAG Visitor Center with an exhibition area covering 700 m2 at the headquarters of the VAG-Group in Mannheim (Germany).
- Halder Beteiligungsberatung GmbH (Investment Consultancy), together with the VAG Management, acquired VAG-Armaturen GmbH Mannheim from Equita. The company is strongly globalised in the next few years thanks to the support given by Halder, and considerable investments are made, both in Mannheim and in its foreign subsidiaries.
- Opening of the VAG-Group “European Logistics Center (ELC)” at Hodonin (Czech Republic).
- Opening of a new assembling factory for the Indian market at the VAG subsidiary in Hyderabad (India).
- Opening of the second VAG Visitor Center at the VAG subsidiary in Taicang (China).
- The Visitor Center at VAG’s Mannheim plant is extended by a Technology Center with an additional exhibition area of 300m2 where visitors can experience the power of water live.
- Rexnord Industries LLC takes over the VAG-Group: www.rexnord.com With the takeover of Rexnord Industries LLC the VAG-Group is assuming responsibility for the American valve manufacturer GA Industries LLC and includes its products in its range.
- Opening of the second new production facility Taicang (China).
- Takeover of South African Klamflex Pipe Couplings (Pty) Ltd. This means that the VAG-Group has six production locations on four continents.
- As part of our internationalisation and the uniform appearance of the VAG-Group associated with it, the name of Jihomoravská armaturka spol. s r.o. changes into VAG s.r.o. and VAG-Armaturen GmbH becomes VAG GmbH.